HP is talking about how HP-UX will be able to run Linux applications; so is Sun with Solaris. ISVs are going to be asking themselves, “Why should I bother to develop for a specific UNIX if I can develop for Linux and it will run on almost all UNIX platforms?”
Middleware? I think it's something that sits between something that's useful and something you can understand.
You need 64-bit support; you need terabyte filesystems. IBM says the Open Source community will tackle that. I don't think so. Somebody's got to build that.
—Jonathan Schwartz, Sun Microsystems
[See page 44.]
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development