HP is talking about how HP-UX will be able to run Linux applications; so is Sun with Solaris. ISVs are going to be asking themselves, “Why should I bother to develop for a specific UNIX if I can develop for Linux and it will run on almost all UNIX platforms?”
Middleware? I think it's something that sits between something that's useful and something you can understand.
You need 64-bit support; you need terabyte filesystems. IBM says the Open Source community will tackle that. I don't think so. Somebody's got to build that.
—Jonathan Schwartz, Sun Microsystems
[See page 44.]
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Viooz+HD~Watch Edge of Tomorrow Online Full Movie Streaming Free
- Linux Systems Administrator