Using the Input Subsystem, Part II
Three additional ioctl functions may be used for controlling force-feedback devices: EVIOCSFF, EVIOCRMFF and EVIOCGEFFECT. These functions currently send a force-feedback effect, remove a force-feedback effect and determine how many simultaneous effects can be used, respectively. Because the force-feedback support is still emerging and substantial work remains to be done, it is a little premature to fully document the API. The web sites listed in the Resources section of this article may have updated information by the time you read this.
Brad Hards is the technical director for Sigma Bravo, a small professional services company in Canberra, Australia. In addition to Linux, his technical focus includes aircraft system integration and certification, GPS and electronic warfare. Comments on this article may be sent to email@example.com.
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Privacy Is Personal
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet