Using the Input Subsystem, Part II
Three additional ioctl functions may be used for controlling force-feedback devices: EVIOCSFF, EVIOCRMFF and EVIOCGEFFECT. These functions currently send a force-feedback effect, remove a force-feedback effect and determine how many simultaneous effects can be used, respectively. Because the force-feedback support is still emerging and substantial work remains to be done, it is a little premature to fully document the API. The web sites listed in the Resources section of this article may have updated information by the time you read this.
Brad Hards is the technical director for Sigma Bravo, a small professional services company in Canberra, Australia. In addition to Linux, his technical focus includes aircraft system integration and certification, GPS and electronic warfare. Comments on this article may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer