A Linux-Based Steam Turbine Test Bench
Several years of software development and use in a real industrial environment showed us (and our customers) that open-source solutions are effective from any point of view—cost, time, reliability or function set. Our next steps will be replacing the rest of the proprietary software in our project with open-source software.
Alexandr E. Bravo was born in 1959 in Leningrad, which is now again (as it was 300 years ago) St. Petersburg, Russia. He graduated in 1982 from Polytechnic University with the specialty “Automation and Telemechanics”. He has worked with Linux since 1994.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- New Products