Best of Tech Support
How do I use a shared printer connected to a Windows 2000 Pro PC? I have Mandrake 8.2.
—Sam Dorrough, email@example.com
Check that the printer is shared from the Windows box and that you have Samba installed on the Linux box. Then run printtool on the Linux box to set up access to the printer.
—Christopher Wingert, firstname.lastname@example.org
It is best to share the printer with a Windows box that has a name of eight characters or less. I have had problems with longer names of shared devices. Documentation on Samba and printers can be found at: us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, email@example.com
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!