Getting Started with Java on Linux
This little tutorial has gotten you started with your Java adventure on Linux. Using Resin as your web and application server gives you all the possibilities that the not-so-cheap alternatives do, including XML/XSL processing, JSP/Servlet support and load balancing. If you choose Resin-EE, you also receive EJB (Enterprise Java Beans). For a detailed description of what you are allowed to do with Resin, read the Caucho Developer Source License. It comes with your Resin installation, in /usr/local/resin/LICENSE.
Resin also offers almost endless tweaking possibilities, which can be used to configure the functions of your server and also to improve performance in some setups. The complete Resin configuration reference can be found at www.caucho.com/resin/ref/config.xtp.
If you have no plans to use Java for web development, you still have a working Java development environment for standalone applications. A good starting point for all Java programming is java.sun.com/docs. There you'll find the complete standard API reference, as well as documentation on other interesting Java technologies, including APIs for programming 3D, SSL, Speech and others.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment