OpenACS packages, distributed as .apm files and managed with the APM application within CVS, make it possible to create and distribute web/database applications. Once imported, an APM package can be instantiated multiple times, each with its own permissions and associated parameters. As we will see next month, you also can use APM to create your own web/database application packages and distribute them easily to coworkers and other community members.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel, with his wife and daughter.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python