IBM's Journaled Filesystem
JFS is a key technology for servers because it provides fast filesystem restart times in the event of a system crash. The JFS team's most important goal is to create a reliable, high-performance filesystem. The JFS team is making great progress in porting JFS to Linux. From a performance point of view and based on the various published benchmarks, JFS comes out as a winner. To get involved, visit the JFS Project page on developerWorks.
The Open Systems Lab at Ericsson Research for supporting our work with Linux and open-source software.
Steve Best (email@example.com) works in the Linux Technology Center of IBM in Austin, Texas. He is currently working on the Journaled Filesystem for Linux Project. Steve has done extensive work in operating system development with a focus in the areas of filesystems, internationalization and security.
David Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) is finishing his Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at Sherbrooke University in Québec, Canada. He is a co-op student with the Ericsson Research Lab in Montréal.
Ibrahim Haddad (Ibrahim.Haddad@Ericsson.com) is a researcher at the Ericsson Corporate Unit of Research in Montréal, Canada. He is involved with the system architecture of third-generation wireless IP networks. Ibrahim represents Ericsson on the Technical Sub-Groups of the Open Source Development Lab (OSDL). He is currently a DrSc Candidate at Concordia University.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released