Your NFS shares can be shared with Windows clients by running a Samba server on the NFS host. The Samba server must join your FOO SMB domain. Run the following command on the Samba server to join the SMB domain:
smbbpasswd -j [FOO] -r [PDC]
Congratulations! Your LDAP server is up and running with shared e-mail contacts, unified login and shared file storage that is accessible from any client. You probably want to write some administrative utilities to help maintain user and group accounts. Again, we recommend Perl for the task.
ldapsync.pl originally written by Jody Haynes for Samba-Tng.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development