VERITAS announced several new product releases, including network-attached storage (NAS) and clustering software. ServPoint NAS offers backup, volume management, clustering and disaster recovery technology with a choice of RAID configurations and can serve up to 32 nodes in a cluster. It allows various OS clients and applications to store, access and share files across the network. VERITAS Cluster Server facilitates server consolidation and manages a wide range of applications in heterogeneous environments. It offers support for up to 32-node clusters in SAN and traditional client/server environments. VERITAS also announced plans to make their Linux products available for IBM's eServer xSeries platform and Dell's PowerEdge servers.
Contact VERITAS Software, 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, California 94043, 800-327-2232 (toll-free), www.veritas.com.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- RSS Feeds
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation
- Are you an extremist?
- Tails above the Rest, Part II