VERITAS announced several new product releases, including network-attached storage (NAS) and clustering software. ServPoint NAS offers backup, volume management, clustering and disaster recovery technology with a choice of RAID configurations and can serve up to 32 nodes in a cluster. It allows various OS clients and applications to store, access and share files across the network. VERITAS Cluster Server facilitates server consolidation and manages a wide range of applications in heterogeneous environments. It offers support for up to 32-node clusters in SAN and traditional client/server environments. VERITAS also announced plans to make their Linux products available for IBM's eServer xSeries platform and Dell's PowerEdge servers.
Contact VERITAS Software, 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, California 94043, 800-327-2232 (toll-free), www.veritas.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS