QUORUM: Prepaid Internet at the University of Zululand
We have developed a flexible accounting and quota management system that works with our existing Linux and OSS-based internet services platform. This system will play an important role in offering a well-managed internet service on our campus, both from the control it offers over usage and the information it provides about the demand for services.
Soren Aalto (firstname.lastname@example.org) works in the Networking Services Unit at the University of Zululand, where he divides his time between system administration, WWW application development and converting others to the joys of Linux. His wife lectures at the university and they have two children, three cats, a dog and a varying number of tropical fish.
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers