Let the Insanity Begin!
Despite coming shortly after the 9/11 disaster, last year's Linux Lunacy was a wonderful success. Lunacy cruisers had many opportunities, not only to hear speakers such as John "maddog" Hall, Eric S. Raymond, Richard Stallman, Reuven Lerner, MySQL founders David Axmark and Monty Widenius and many more, but to dine, converse and play with these same people and other like-minded and not so like-minded Linux users.
This year's cruise will take place from October 20-27. The speakers include Linus Torvalds, Theodore Ts'o, Guido van Rossum, Microwindows creator Greg Haerr, Linux Journal publisher Phil Hughes, Steve Oualline (author of Vim iMproved--Vim), Eric S. Raymond, Randal L. Schwartz (author of Programming Perl), Brandon Wiley (original programmer of Freenet), Frank Heidt and Brian Carrier (from famed security consulting firm, @stake) and Linux Journal senior editor Doc Searls.
As if listening to these folks speak were not enough, the cruise includes stops in the following ports of call: Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and Holland-America's private island, Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. The stops offer the opportunity to see Mayan ruins, go sailing, go on submarine rides, go scuba diving and much more.
The Geek Cruises uses the Holland America line, which is one of the oldest and finest cruise lines running. Also, the service and the food (both quantity and quality) are everything you'd hope for.
Please join us for what is sure to be one of the most memorable weeks of your life.
For more information on the Linux Lunacy cruise see their web site.
Richard Vernon is editor in chief of Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Web Administration Scripts
- Linux Systems Administrator
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 hour 1 min ago
- on the ground
7 hours 23 min ago
- I was able to read the whole
8 hours 52 min ago
- since i have read the title i
12 hours 12 min ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
12 hours 18 min ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 28 min ago
1 day 59 min ago
1 day 59 min ago
1 day 3 hours ago
- This should be very helpful
1 day 4 hours ago