Submission Deadline to Fanatic Contest Extended
In the June 2002 issue we announced the Linux Fanatic contest based on the MTV Fanatic television show. Some potential contestants wrote in to say they needed more time to put together and send the physical evidence necessary to make them competitive. In response to this (and because we're very nice folks), we've decided to extend the deadline to August 5, 2002.
So take a chance and send us something that shows your devotion to your favorite OS. The prize is truly appropriate, not to mention worth a lot money! The winner will join us on the Linux Lunacy Cruise in October and have the chance to meet Linus Torvalds and a host of other Linux community all-stars--and even hear them speak. See the announcement for rules, but remember the old deadline no longer applies; you now have until August 5, 2002.
Richard Vernon is editor in chief of Linux Journal.
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
- Optimization in GCC
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python