If you plan to use OpenACS for on-line communities, then you almost certainly will have to learn how to work with AOLserver. But even if OpenACS does not interest you, AOLserver's flexibility, speed and multithread capabilities are well worth investigating for your dynamic web sites.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel, with his wife and daughter.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Bluetooth Hacks
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview