The Beowulf Evolution
The authors would like to thank Donald Becker, Tom Quinn and Rick Niles of Scyld Computing Corporation and Erik Arjan Hendriks of Los Alamos National Lab for patiently answering all our questions related to second-generation Beowulf.
Glen Otero has a PhD in Immunology and Microbiology and runs a consulting company called Linux Prophet in San Diego, California.
Richard Ferri is a senior programmer in IBM's Linux Technology Center, where he works on open-source Linux clustering projects such as LUI and OSCAR. He now lives in upstate New York with his wife, Pat, three teenaged sons and three dogs of suspect lineage.
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software