Databases and Zope
While they are not perfect, I find ZSQL methods to be an elegant way to connect a page of HTML with an underlying database. ZSQL is yet another way in which Zope demonstrates its very flexible, elegant approach to web development—albeit one that makes you scratch your head several times before it all becomes clear and obvious. Someone who already knows DTML and SQL can easily integrate a database into their Zope application—and with ZSQL methods, it's possible to divide work on a site between those who know SQL (and work on the ZSQL methods) and those who want to work on the DTML methods that invoke them.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel with his wife and daughter.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer