Want to know what a headless, vanilla white box PC ought to cost? It's hard to imagine a better place to check than Wal-Mart.
At the Wal-Mart web site (www.walmart.com) you'll find a generic 1GHz Intel white box (the Microtel SYSMAR116) with the usual state-of-the-moment features and figures: 128MB RAM, 40GB drive, keyboard, mouse, modem, amplified speakers, floppy, etc. And in bold uppercase letters, this welcome disclaimer:
MONITOR - NOT INCLUDEDOPERATING SYSTEM - NOT INCLUDED
Commodities don't get much more commodified than that.
The price: $399
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Attack of the Drones