Want to know what a headless, vanilla white box PC ought to cost? It's hard to imagine a better place to check than Wal-Mart.
At the Wal-Mart web site (www.walmart.com) you'll find a generic 1GHz Intel white box (the Microtel SYSMAR116) with the usual state-of-the-moment features and figures: 128MB RAM, 40GB drive, keyboard, mouse, modem, amplified speakers, floppy, etc. And in bold uppercase letters, this welcome disclaimer:
MONITOR - NOT INCLUDEDOPERATING SYSTEM - NOT INCLUDED
Commodities don't get much more commodified than that.
The price: $399
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Ensono M.O.