What do 3-D pie charts, training manuals, gene profiling and advertising effectiveness measurement have in common? Gregory Aharonian of BustPatents.com lists them as his top four bad patents of all time, in response to a request for the list from Scientific American, which published the results.
All four apparently passed (or flunked, depending on your point of view) the Obvious Test at the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO).
According to Aharonian, patents recently invalidated for various reasons include:
Device for perfusing an animal head
Video processing for composite images
Call message recording for telephone systems
Negotiable instrument fraud detector and processor
Perhaps the last one failed to detect itself.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Linux Systems Administrator