Debugging Kernel Modules with User Mode Linux
While UML might not let you debug a device driver (since UML does not have access to the physical hardware on the machine), it is an invaluable aid in debugging kernel modules. It allows you to write and debug kernel modules as easily as other C programs, without fear of panics, deadlocks and data loss. It is a useful addition to any kernel hacker's toolbelt.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Android Candy: Google Keep
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- A Little GUI for Your CLI
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- Synchronize Your Life with ownCloud
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Days Between Dates?
- December 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice