Debugging Kernel Modules with User Mode Linux
While UML might not let you debug a device driver (since UML does not have access to the physical hardware on the machine), it is an invaluable aid in debugging kernel modules. It allows you to write and debug kernel modules as easily as other C programs, without fear of panics, deadlocks and data loss. It is a useful addition to any kernel hacker's toolbelt.
Practical Task Scheduling Deployment
July 20, 2016 12:00 pm CDT
Join Linux Journal's Mike Diehl and Pat Cameron of Help Systems.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Google's SwiftShader Released
- Interview with Patrick Volkerding
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- SuperTuxKart 0.9.2 Released
- Parsing an RSS News Feed with a Bash Script