Debugging Kernel Modules with User Mode Linux
While UML might not let you debug a device driver (since UML does not have access to the physical hardware on the machine), it is an invaluable aid in debugging kernel modules. It allows you to write and debug kernel modules as easily as other C programs, without fear of panics, deadlocks and data loss. It is a useful addition to any kernel hacker's toolbelt.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service