Taking Advantage of Linux Capabilities
May 01, 2002 By Michael Bacarella
Concentrating on user privileges to appease the security paranoid.
Capabilities can provide sophisticated, fine-grained access control over all aspects of a Linux system. At last, security paranoids will have some tools they so desperately need in their endless fight against “them”.
Michael Bacarella (email@example.com) is president of Netgraft Corporation, a firm specializing in web system development and information security analysis. He shares an apartment in New York with his wonderful fiancée and a most fearsome green iguana (the iguana's name is Kang.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Radio Free Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Stepping into Science
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II