Taking Advantage of Linux Capabilities
May 01, 2002 By Michael Bacarella
Concentrating on user privileges to appease the security paranoid.
Capabilities can provide sophisticated, fine-grained access control over all aspects of a Linux system. At last, security paranoids will have some tools they so desperately need in their endless fight against “them”.
Michael Bacarella (email@example.com) is president of Netgraft Corporation, a firm specializing in web system development and information security analysis. He shares an apartment in New York with his wonderful fiancée and a most fearsome green iguana (the iguana's name is Kang.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- It Actually Is Rocket Science