Taking Advantage of Linux Capabilities
May 01, 2002 By Michael Bacarella
Concentrating on user privileges to appease the security paranoid.
Capabilities can provide sophisticated, fine-grained access control over all aspects of a Linux system. At last, security paranoids will have some tools they so desperately need in their endless fight against “them”.
Michael Bacarella (email@example.com) is president of Netgraft Corporation, a firm specializing in web system development and information security analysis. He shares an apartment in New York with his wonderful fiancée and a most fearsome green iguana (the iguana's name is Kang.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- rsync, Part II
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep