Taking Advantage of Linux Capabilities
May 01, 2002 By Michael Bacarella
Concentrating on user privileges to appease the security paranoid.
Capabilities can provide sophisticated, fine-grained access control over all aspects of a Linux system. At last, security paranoids will have some tools they so desperately need in their endless fight against “them”.
Michael Bacarella (email@example.com) is president of Netgraft Corporation, a firm specializing in web system development and information security analysis. He shares an apartment in New York with his wonderful fiancée and a most fearsome green iguana (the iguana's name is Kang.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- animal pajamas
3 hours 26 min ago
- thanks for you post.
3 hours 33 min ago
- thanks for share, great
20 hours 46 min ago
- There are factors which are
1 day 1 hour ago
- Gnome 3 ?
1 day 2 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 6 hours ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 16 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 23 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
2 days 35 min ago
- since i have read the title i
2 days 3 hours ago