This month we discussed Zope products and saw how to download, install and configure products on our system. While products are inherently more complex than simple DTML pages, their centralized code and additional flexibility make them more suitable for serious tasks than DTML.
Next month we will look at how we can write our own Zope products using a combination of Python and DTML.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database technologies. His book, Core Perl, was published by Prentice Hall in January 2002. He lives with his wife and daughter in Modi'in, Israel.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Server Hardening
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software