JudoScript: Scripting for Java and Beyond
This article is a rather high-level introduction to JudoScript, with simple examples that reveal only a taste of what the language can accomplish. JudoScript's language design is different from other 3GL scripting languages because of its willingness to take in a special syntax for specific functional areas. It also is a powerful programming language. Combine these two aspects, and you achieve great computing power.
The applications and abilities of JudoScript, released under the LGPL, continue to grow. We are working on integrating JudoScript with more LGPL or GPL open-source Java projects. The principle is simple: if something is useful and available, JudoScript will make it easier to use and readily scriptable.
For complete information and documentation, visit www.judoscript.com.
James Huang is the author of JudoScript. He conceived, designed and implemented the language single-handedly. He has been doing commercial Java programming for six years and web development for four years.
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks