Improving the Speed of PHP Web Scripts
This article shows you how PHP cache mechanisms work and provides a do-it-yourself solution. If you test the examples and like them, please feel free to implement your own solutions. However, there other ways to improve performance like function caching, or PHP script precompilation. Some off-the-shelf solutions can offer you these functionalities. You should always look for the best solution for your own needs and do your own testing.
Bruno Pedro, cofounder and manager of ethernet lda., is a systems engineer with ten years' experience in database-related applications. He was an early adopter of Linux and has been using open-source technology since then. Since 1995 he has been developing applications for the Internet.
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- PostScript, The Forgotten Art of Programming
- Gentoo for All the Unusual Reasons
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- rsync, Part II
- Create Your Own Linux Desktop and Take It with You
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- One Charger to Rule Them All