How the PCI Hot Plug Driver Filesystem Works
I would like to thank Pat Mochel for writing the ddfs/driverfs code upon which a lot of the pcihpfs code was originally based. driverfs is a new filesystem in the 2.5 kernel that will also help driver authors in exporting driver-specific information into user space, as well as provide a tree of all devices, making power management tools much easier.
I would also like to thank Al Viro for answering a lot of VFS-related questions and for enabling a filesystem to be written with such a small amount of code.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Building a Linux-Based High-Performance Compute Cluster
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Simple Ways to Add Security to Web Development