Inside the Linux Packet Filter, Part II
Following a packet's journey through the kernel can be an interesting experience. In our trip we encountered typical kernel data structures (such as skbuffs), discovered idiomatic programming techniques (such as the use of structures with function pointers as an efficient alternative to C++ objects) and met some new 2.4 mechanisms (softirqs).
If you are eager to learn more on the subject, arm yourself with kernel sources and a comfortable editor, swallow a good cup of coffee and start peeking here and there. The price is cheap, and fun is guaranteed!
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- The Humble Hacker?
- Server Hardening
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- The Death of RoboVM
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- ACI Worldwide's UP Retail Payments
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- Varnish Software's Hitch
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps