Lowering Latency in Linux: Introducing a Preemptible Kernel
The Linux community is large and diverse, and Linux is used in embedded systems all the way through large servers. Preemptive kernel technology provides benefits beyond real-time applications. Desktop users, gamers and multimedia developers alike stand to benefit from reduced latency. A solution is needed for both the 2.4 and 2.5 kernel trees; perhaps the same solution for each is not best. With 2.5 under development, however, now is the time to implement a feature that provides an immediate gain, as well as the framework for further improvement. The result will be a better kernel.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer