Lowering Latency in Linux: Introducing a Preemptible Kernel
The Linux community is large and diverse, and Linux is used in embedded systems all the way through large servers. Preemptive kernel technology provides benefits beyond real-time applications. Desktop users, gamers and multimedia developers alike stand to benefit from reduced latency. A solution is needed for both the 2.4 and 2.5 kernel trees; perhaps the same solution for each is not best. With 2.5 under development, however, now is the time to implement a feature that provides an immediate gain, as well as the framework for further improvement. The result will be a better kernel.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- It Actually Is Rocket Science