Keeping Up with Python: the 2.2 Release
Although all these new features and weakness resolutions bring Python pretty far down the path, there are those who claim that they violate Python's simplistic nature. If you're stictly a purist, that is probably a valid consideration. However, by finally purging some of the annoyances and adding a few more powerful constructs to the language, we are probably better off than we were before. These changes will not have a negative impact on existing code, and those that do, such as the change in the division operator, are at least not required for some time and allow for a more painless transition.
Finally, see Resources for a couple of other high-level documents, such as Andrew Kuchlin's “What's New in Python 2.2” and the slide presentation from one of Guido's talks last fall at a Python user group meeting. Python 2.2.1 can be downloaded at the main Python language home page. Happy hacking!
Wesley J. Chun, author of Core Python Programming, has over a decade of programming and instructional experience. Chun helped build Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! People Search using Python and is currently employed by Synarc, a service company in clinical trials utilizing Python to develop applications that allow radiologists to perform patient assessments.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- New Products
- Examining Load Average
- Manage Your Configs with vcsh
- thanks for share, great
14 hours 58 min ago
- There are factors which are
19 hours 57 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
20 hours 42 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 50 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 10 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 17 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 18 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 22 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 22 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 10 hours ago