UniForum '96, now billed as a Unix and Open Systems show, attracted about 20,000 attendees in San Francisco in February. It included 90 tutorials, seminars, and keynotes from Lew Platt, of Hewlett-Packard, and Scott McNealy of Sun MicroSystems.
UniForum was founded in 1981 to advance the use and standardization of Unix and open systems.
Besides offering a Unix-focused education forum, UniForum provided an opportunity for companies to exhibit their products. One section of the exhibition floor was labelled “Linux Area” and included the booths of Linux International, WorkGroup Solutions, SSC, and Enhanced Software Technologies. Other vendors with Linux products, such as Caldera and Comtrol, were not far away.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- DevOps for Dummies
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- Open Axiom
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal