Senator Hollings Cheaper than We Thought
In last week's Embedded Linux Journal newsletter, in a section talking about the Open Letter to Michael Eisner on the Linux Journal web site, we erroneously reported that the Walt Disney Company paid Sen. Ernest Hollings $25,000 to introduce a bill that would ban Linux.
This is incorrect.
They only gave him $18,500.
For more information, go to:www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,46671,00.html.
For a list of top Hollings contributors, go to:www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib/N00002423.htm.
If Sen. Hollings will get in bed with Mickey Mouse for $18,500, will he kiss a rat on the lips for $500? Make him an offer: www.senate.gov/~hollings/webform.html.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- What is your favorite Linux distribution for use on the desktop?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Radio Free Linux
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution