Guard Against Data Loss with Mondo Rescue
Good backup software must be well documented, well tested and easy to use. If the backup software is too fiddly then the user simply will not bother. If it is unreliable, then the user will be lulled into a false sense of security, only to have his or her hopes dashed when the crunch comes. I back up my own system with Mondo two or three times a week. I restore regularly as part of the test regime.
If you want to participate, please download the program and join the mailing list. I would love to hear from you.
Hugo Rabson is a 26-year-old Briton living and working in Nashville, Tennessee. His primary qualification is in business, but he has been writing code since puberty. He currently works for WebMD. Mondo is his attempt to give something back to the Linux community, and he gladly will accept all comments, suggestions and patches.
- New Products
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- Android Candy: Google Keep
- December 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Days Between Dates?
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Computing without a Computer
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Type All Those Words!