2001 Readers' Choice Awards
1. Junkbuster 2. Homemade 3. Squidguard
One person wrote in, “Ads are a part of the page's design and intended viewing.” Apparently, he or she is alone in that sentiment, as just about everyone else uses a filter, Junkbuster being the one most named. A lot of people are making their own proxies, too.
1. xmms 2. pmg123 3. RealAudio
Receiving 58.4% of the total vote, xmms is once again readers' favorite audio tool. Comparatively, none of the others accumulated more than 9%. Grip shows up most amongst the write-ins, and support is still strong for the ogg tools.
Heather Mead is associate editor of Linux Journal. In her free time, she enjoys photography, movies, music and writing short stories.
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Connecting Apache's Web Server to Multiple Instances of Tomcat
- Radio Free Linux