2001 Readers' Choice Awards
1. Junkbuster 2. Homemade 3. Squidguard
One person wrote in, “Ads are a part of the page's design and intended viewing.” Apparently, he or she is alone in that sentiment, as just about everyone else uses a filter, Junkbuster being the one most named. A lot of people are making their own proxies, too.
1. xmms 2. pmg123 3. RealAudio
Receiving 58.4% of the total vote, xmms is once again readers' favorite audio tool. Comparatively, none of the others accumulated more than 9%. Grip shows up most amongst the write-ins, and support is still strong for the ogg tools.
Heather Mead is associate editor of Linux Journal. In her free time, she enjoys photography, movies, music and writing short stories.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer