2001 Readers' Choice Awards
1. Junkbuster 2. Homemade 3. Squidguard
One person wrote in, “Ads are a part of the page's design and intended viewing.” Apparently, he or she is alone in that sentiment, as just about everyone else uses a filter, Junkbuster being the one most named. A lot of people are making their own proxies, too.
1. xmms 2. pmg123 3. RealAudio
Receiving 58.4% of the total vote, xmms is once again readers' favorite audio tool. Comparatively, none of the others accumulated more than 9%. Grip shows up most amongst the write-ins, and support is still strong for the ogg tools.
Heather Mead is associate editor of Linux Journal. In her free time, she enjoys photography, movies, music and writing short stories.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- Ensono M.O.
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)