LJ Staff at Open Source Conference
Speaking of our favorite Publisher....
Sick of hearing about Perl, Python and Java as the only way to do scripting on your Linux system? Well, if so, the "Programming Without Perl" tutorial may be what you are looking for. Presented by Linux Journal's very own Phil Hughes, this class will show you how tr, cut, awk, sed, Bash and grep can do some pretty exciting stuff for you without the steep learning curve of a language such as Perl.
Phil has been awking and grepping for 20 years and has lived to tell about it. The tutorial will be presented in the morning on Monday, July 17.
|Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!||Oct 20, 2016|
|Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8||Oct 19, 2016|
|Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core||Oct 19, 2016|
|Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera||Oct 18, 2016|
|Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory||Oct 17, 2016|
|Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization||Oct 13, 2016|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Linux Journal October 2016