LJ Staff at Open Source Conference
Speaking of our favorite Publisher....
Sick of hearing about Perl, Python and Java as the only way to do scripting on your Linux system? Well, if so, the "Programming Without Perl" tutorial may be what you are looking for. Presented by Linux Journal's very own Phil Hughes, this class will show you how tr, cut, awk, sed, Bash and grep can do some pretty exciting stuff for you without the steep learning curve of a language such as Perl.
Phil has been awking and grepping for 20 years and has lived to tell about it. The tutorial will be presented in the morning on Monday, July 17.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal