Scyld Computing released the Beowulf Professional Edition, cluster operating system software that is ready to run out of the box. The Professional Edition offers simplified cluster setup, integration and administration, along with documentation and support from the original Beowulf development team. New additions to this version include full Alpha support, Myrinet and Gigabit Ethernet support, the batch queue system (BBQ), web-based administration and job monitoring, and PVFS, NFSv3 and ROMIO filesystems.
Contact Scyld Computing Corporation, 410 Severn Avenue, Suite 210, Annapolis, Maryland 21403, 410-990-9993, firstname.lastname@example.org, scyld.com
The CapeStudio RAD web services development tool enables software developers to build and deploy web services. CapeStudio automatically generates code for Java or Visual Basic from web services description language (WSDL) files, which describe the interfaces to web services, reducing the time needed to build the service. A graphical environment for defining bidirectional transformations between XML and SOAP messages is also included in CapeStudio. It is a standalone environment that works with any web services platform that adheres to the XML, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI industry standards.
Contact Cape Clear Software, Inc., 900 East Hamilton Avenue, Suite 100, Campbell, California 95008, 866-227-3226 (toll-free), email@example.com, capeclear.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development