Vernon Named Editor at Large of Linux Journal
Vernon recently received his doctoral degree in Hispanic Languages and Literature, preceded by an MA in Portuguese Literature and a BA in English Literature. During his studies, Vernon also assumed the roles of Editor in Chief and Editorial Associate for various academic publications.
Freelance projects which have lead Vernon to the position of Editor at Large include the translation of operating system manuals, web pages and other projects for various technology firms. Vernon's broad interest in technology, and particularly in the publishing industry, have made him the ideal candidate for this position.
"We look forward to the impact Richard will make as Linux Journal continues to lead the Linux community into the mainstream marketplace," said Phil Hughes, Publisher and Co-Founder of Linux Journal.
Vernon will work from Linux Journal's headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
Rebecca Cassity is the Director of Sales for Linux Journal
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Perceptions of the Linux OS Among Undergraduate System Administrators
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Why Python?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security