Vernon Named Editor at Large of Linux Journal
Vernon recently received his doctoral degree in Hispanic Languages and Literature, preceded by an MA in Portuguese Literature and a BA in English Literature. During his studies, Vernon also assumed the roles of Editor in Chief and Editorial Associate for various academic publications.
Freelance projects which have lead Vernon to the position of Editor at Large include the translation of operating system manuals, web pages and other projects for various technology firms. Vernon's broad interest in technology, and particularly in the publishing industry, have made him the ideal candidate for this position.
"We look forward to the impact Richard will make as Linux Journal continues to lead the Linux community into the mainstream marketplace," said Phil Hughes, Publisher and Co-Founder of Linux Journal.
Vernon will work from Linux Journal's headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
Rebecca Cassity is the Director of Sales for Linux Journal
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- Numerical Python
- RSS Feeds
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Are you an extremist?
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I