NCSA to Host "Linux Revolution"
"Linux Clusters: The HPC Revolution" will feature a day of tutorials followed by two days of plenary sessions and presentations about Linux applications and systems by research scientists, engineers, programmers and Linux vendors. Dan Reed, director of the Alliance and NCSA, and Tim Mattson, senior research scientist with Intel, will present the keynote addresses.
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Conference Center near the University of Illinois campus and will feature speakers from academia, government research labs and industry involved in Linux high-performance computing. These speakers will address efforts to integrate and develop Linux clusters for high-performance computing in the private and public sectors, and efforts to develop science and engineering applications for Linux clusters.
More information and a registration form are available at the conference web site.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk