What's Going on about Open-Sourcing the OpenMail Program?
Mar 07, 2001 By Bruce Perens
There's been a lot of talk in the Open Source community about HP's recently cancelled OpenMail product. OpenMail is a server for a few dozen different e-mail protocols, many of them proprietary, most of them obsolete. The most important of these protocols is Microsoft's MAPI (Mail API) which is used by Microsoft Outlook.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer