What's Going on about Open-Sourcing the OpenMail Program?
Mar 07, 2001 By Bruce Perens
There's been a lot of talk in the Open Source community about HP's recently cancelled OpenMail product. OpenMail is a server for a few dozen different e-mail protocols, many of them proprietary, most of them obsolete. The most important of these protocols is Microsoft's MAPI (Mail API) which is used by Microsoft Outlook.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)