I just went through your article about Nessus in LJ (June 2001), and I just wanted to congratulate you, both on the accuracy of what is being said, as well as on the excellent step-by-step instructions you gave to readers.
Just to illustrate how well you explained: I only received a few installation-problem questions from (what seems to be) readers of your article, while the mailing list gained about 100 new users the two weeks after the release of LJ. (And congrats for not having taken the screenshots directly off nessus.org, as so many persons do.) A very fine job indeed.
—Renaud Deraison The Nessus Project
Choong Ng's review of Mandrake 8.0 in the August 2001 issue gives a good overall picture of the strengths and weaknesses of the release. However, he failed to mention one important issue. It seems that the stock kernel shipped with Mandrake 8.0 will not work with the PS/2 mouse pointer in many IBM ThinkPad laptops. On the ThinkPad mailing list, some people have not even been able to install Mandrake 8.0 because of this.
Izzet Agoren's Kernel Korner (May 2001) The line of code on page 28 that reads
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwardingMitch Chapman's “Create User Interfaces with Glade” (July 2001) The link for the Glade home page listed in this article is obsolete. The new location is glade.gnome.org.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- The kernel doesn't really
33 min 6 sec ago
1 hour 4 min ago
1 hour 4 min ago
3 hours 9 min ago
- This should be very helpful
4 hours 22 min ago
- As much as I share your point
6 hours 42 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
10 hours 14 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
10 hours 34 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
16 hours 6 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
21 hours 9 min ago