Is Ruby yet another scripting language? No, it is not. It is something more, something new and exciting coming out of the Japanese open-source scene. Ruby is the programmer's best friend. While Ruby is presented as a scripting language, it has proven equally suited for large projects. It includes some exciting features that other alternative languages are only beginning to implement. Ruby is therefore well worth checking out.
A special thanks goes out to my technical reviewers: Armin Roehrl, of approximity.com, for reviewing the draft manuscript and guidance in editing the final version. David Thomas, of pragmaticprogrammer.com, for massively improving the original sample script and reviewing the draft manuscript. Kent Dahl and Sean Chittenden for reviewing the draft manuscript. Last, but not least, Magnus Lie Hetland, Python guru, for invaluable assistance.
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Hodge Podge
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights