Is Ruby yet another scripting language? No, it is not. It is something more, something new and exciting coming out of the Japanese open-source scene. Ruby is the programmer's best friend. While Ruby is presented as a scripting language, it has proven equally suited for large projects. It includes some exciting features that other alternative languages are only beginning to implement. Ruby is therefore well worth checking out.
A special thanks goes out to my technical reviewers: Armin Roehrl, of approximity.com, for reviewing the draft manuscript and guidance in editing the final version. David Thomas, of pragmaticprogrammer.com, for massively improving the original sample script and reviewing the draft manuscript. Kent Dahl and Sean Chittenden for reviewing the draft manuscript. Last, but not least, Magnus Lie Hetland, Python guru, for invaluable assistance.
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers