Is Ruby yet another scripting language? No, it is not. It is something more, something new and exciting coming out of the Japanese open-source scene. Ruby is the programmer's best friend. While Ruby is presented as a scripting language, it has proven equally suited for large projects. It includes some exciting features that other alternative languages are only beginning to implement. Ruby is therefore well worth checking out.
A special thanks goes out to my technical reviewers: Armin Roehrl, of approximity.com, for reviewing the draft manuscript and guidance in editing the final version. David Thomas, of pragmaticprogrammer.com, for massively improving the original sample script and reviewing the draft manuscript. Kent Dahl and Sean Chittenden for reviewing the draft manuscript. Last, but not least, Magnus Lie Hetland, Python guru, for invaluable assistance.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!