The PostgreSQL Global Development Group has made PostgreSQL version 7.1 available for download from the web site and mirror sites. Key new features of the 7.1 release include: the write-ahead log (WAL), which increases data integrity and processing speed because only one modified log file must be flushed to disk; rows of any length, via the oversized attribute storage technique (TOAST); support for SQL92 outer joins; 64-bit C function manager support; and improved support and speed for complex queries.
Contact: PostgreSQL Global Development Group, P.O. Box 1648, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada B0P 1X0, 877-542-0713 (toll-free), firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.postgresql.org/.
QLogic Corporation introduced SANblade, a board-level platform that allows OEMs and ITs to standardize SAN connectivity products for server and storage systems. SANblade is designed to support a broad range of application-specific requirements with a common hardware interface platform, software management suite, driver interface and sales channel. Currently based on Fibre Channel products, the SANblade family aids design, acquisition and deployment of products around a standard CDI to speed up development and time to market.
Contact: QLogic Corporation, 26600 Laguna Hills Drive, Aliso Viejo, California 92656, 800-662-4471 (toll-free), http://www.qlogic.com/.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds