e-Appliance, a manufacturer of high-speed, high-density appliance servers, has added a new family of appliance servers called SuperScalers (SS). The SuperScaler 600 is a 1U 19-inch rackmount containing four independent, hot-swappable servers. Each server contains its own processor, memory, disk drive, power supply and Ethernet connection. The SS1000 features two independent, dual SMP servers and fiber channel technology; it is designed for intensive high-speed processing applications like streaming media. The SS500 contains one dual SMP server and has optional fibre channel connectivity. It is geared toward applications that need a balance of processing power and network performance.
Contact: e-Appliance Corporation, 3052 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 101, Santa Clara, California 95054, 408-980-1990, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.eappliancecorp.com/.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Firefox OS