Checking Your Work with Scanners, Part II: Nessus
Nessus is a powerful, flexible, commercial-grade, but completely free security scanner. When generated and interpreted properly, Nessus reports can help you stay ahead of the well known vulnerability curve. We haven't discussed how to write custom plugins, but these allow you to test not only for commonly known vulnerabilities but even brand-new or hitherto unknown exploits.
Again, please, use this tool responsibly. Assuming you will, have fun!
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Sony Settles in Linux Battle
- Libarchive Security Flaw Discovered
- Profiles and RC Files
- Maru OS Brings Debian to Your Phone
- Snappy Moves to New Platforms
- Understanding Ceph and Its Place in the Market
- Astronomy for KDE
- The Giant Zero, Part 0.x
- Git 2.9 Released