Checking Your Work with Scanners, Part II: Nessus
Nessus is a powerful, flexible, commercial-grade, but completely free security scanner. When generated and interpreted properly, Nessus reports can help you stay ahead of the well known vulnerability curve. We haven't discussed how to write custom plugins, but these allow you to test not only for commonly known vulnerabilities but even brand-new or hitherto unknown exploits.
Again, please, use this tool responsibly. Assuming you will, have fun!
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Cross-Platform Software Development Using CMake
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Radio Free Linux