Checking Your Work with Scanners, Part II: Nessus
Nessus is a powerful, flexible, commercial-grade, but completely free security scanner. When generated and interpreted properly, Nessus reports can help you stay ahead of the well known vulnerability curve. We haven't discussed how to write custom plugins, but these allow you to test not only for commonly known vulnerabilities but even brand-new or hitherto unknown exploits.
Again, please, use this tool responsibly. Assuming you will, have fun!
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Linux Kernel News - January and February 2014
- Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?
- New Products
- RSS Feeds