KDE 2.1, an internet-enabled desktop for Linux, has been released by the KDE Project and is available for free download at http://ftp.kde.org/stable/2.1/distribution/tar/generic/src/. Features of KDE 2.1 include the Konqueror web browser, file manager and document viewer; the KDevelop IDE for development; a network transparent multimedia architecture based on the Analog Realtime Synthesizer; the re-engineered KWin window manager; and improved stability, performance and feature set. KDE is available in 33 languages and ships with the core KDE libraries, desktop environment, developer packages and over 100 applications.
Contact: KDE Project, Kurt Granroth, 1456 S. Boulder Street, Unit D, Gilbert, Arizona 85296, 480-732-1752, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.kde.org/.
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013