KDE 2.1, an internet-enabled desktop for Linux, has been released by the KDE Project and is available for free download at http://ftp.kde.org/stable/2.1/distribution/tar/generic/src/. Features of KDE 2.1 include the Konqueror web browser, file manager and document viewer; the KDevelop IDE for development; a network transparent multimedia architecture based on the Analog Realtime Synthesizer; the re-engineered KWin window manager; and improved stability, performance and feature set. KDE is available in 33 languages and ships with the core KDE libraries, desktop environment, developer packages and over 100 applications.
Contact: KDE Project, Kurt Granroth, 1456 S. Boulder Street, Unit D, Gilbert, Arizona 85296, 480-732-1752, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.kde.org/.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server