PogoLinux RAID Workstation
For many users' purposes, a RAID 0 system will provide less performance benefit than spending the equivalent money on getting a single fast hard drive, faster processor, more RAM or a faster motherboard. The price difference between PogoLinux's Velocity workstation and a similarly configured workstation without RAID, such as PogoLinux's Altura workstation, is about $300 if you still buy another 45GB IBM hard drive. For $300 you can buy a 1.2GHz Athlon (instead of 1.0), an extra 256MB of RAM (or an extra 512MB if you stretch it to $370) or a 64MB GeForce2 GTS (instead of the included 32MB MX). On the other hand, if you really need the maximum throughput for working with large files or the reliability of a RAID 1 configuration, the RAID system is definitely the way to go.
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!