PogoLinux RAID Workstation
For many users' purposes, a RAID 0 system will provide less performance benefit than spending the equivalent money on getting a single fast hard drive, faster processor, more RAM or a faster motherboard. The price difference between PogoLinux's Velocity workstation and a similarly configured workstation without RAID, such as PogoLinux's Altura workstation, is about $300 if you still buy another 45GB IBM hard drive. For $300 you can buy a 1.2GHz Athlon (instead of 1.0), an extra 256MB of RAM (or an extra 512MB if you stretch it to $370) or a 64MB GeForce2 GTS (instead of the included 32MB MX). On the other hand, if you really need the maximum throughput for working with large files or the reliability of a RAID 1 configuration, the RAID system is definitely the way to go.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment