PogoLinux RAID Workstation
For many users' purposes, a RAID 0 system will provide less performance benefit than spending the equivalent money on getting a single fast hard drive, faster processor, more RAM or a faster motherboard. The price difference between PogoLinux's Velocity workstation and a similarly configured workstation without RAID, such as PogoLinux's Altura workstation, is about $300 if you still buy another 45GB IBM hard drive. For $300 you can buy a 1.2GHz Athlon (instead of 1.0), an extra 256MB of RAM (or an extra 512MB if you stretch it to $370) or a 64MB GeForce2 GTS (instead of the included 32MB MX). On the other hand, if you really need the maximum throughput for working with large files or the reliability of a RAID 1 configuration, the RAID system is definitely the way to go.
|August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming||Aug 01, 2014|
|August 2014 Video Preview||Aug 01, 2014|
|Open-Source Space||Jul 31, 2014|
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Data Acquisition with Comedi
- August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Networking with the Printer Port
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Intro to Clojure on the Web
- Two Pi R
- From the Editor - Our Last Spam Issue?
- How a Corrupted USB Drive Was Saved by GNU/Linux