CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
If you don't plan on doing a lot of graphics work—perhaps you are doing some lightweight graphics for your web site or building custom widgets for a GUI-based application—then Corel's Graphics Suite may be for you. On the other hand, if you plan on spending more than a few hours working with vector artwork or web production, you should consider looking for another solution such as The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/). This is unfortunately one of those situations where retaining a copy of MacOS or Windows or a utility enabling you to run software for one of the former (such as Win4Lin, VMware, Plex86, WINE or Mac-on-Linux) may be necessary.
Choong Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the product reviewer at Linux Journal and a teriyaki connoisseur.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- New Products
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal