The PC Weasel 2000
The PC Weasel adds to the capabilities of a standard PC running any text-mode operating system, providing a watchdog timer, remote reboot capability and a serial console to make bringing large numbers of server consoles to one workstation or remotely accessing those same servers in a cost-effective manner. However, it may not be the best choice for everyone. At $250 each, you need to take a hard look at how much the card will save you. How often do your servers crash? How much effort and time is involved in hooking a keyboard and CRT up so you can watch them reboot? If the server is at the other end of an airplane flight, the PC Weasel is a no-brainer, but if the server is at the other end of the room, or if pressing the reset button is a telephone call away, it may not be the right choice.
Born at the beginning of the microcomputer age, Jon Valesh (firstname.lastname@example.org) has pushed and been pushed by computers his entire life. Having run the gamut from games programmer to ISP system/network administrator, he now occupies himself by providing technical assistance to ISPs and small businesses whenever his day job doesn't get in the way.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU