Using Python to Query MySQL over the Net
Python is a wonderful language. The MySQL module makes it easy to create small programs to retrieve data from a MySQL database. Python is also great for CGI scripting. Thus, having a database available to study through the web browser is just several lines of code away.
The application I have shown here is rather limited. The user can only search for five variables and in a fixed way, predetermined by the HTML form. However, it is conceivable for the user to write his or her own database queries through a textarea input field and view the query results on-line. In fact, the possibilities are limited only by the programmer's imagination.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- Ensono M.O.
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)